Thursday 1 November 2007

Ringing the changes.

The 'UK Teddy Bear Guide 2008' has just been published. Mine dropped through the letterbox this morning and I've been flicking through eagerly ever since! It's a really useful book, full to bursting with contacts and gorgeous pics, so if you haven't already ordered a copy, why not pop along to www.hugglets.co.uk and order yours today?!

Each year I receive the Teddy Bear Guide, it makes me realise just how many of my own years have been spent creating teddy bears. It's somewhere in the region of thirteen so far, so as you can guess, I've seen many comings and goings over that time.

This year I am saddened to flick through the current list of bear artists only to find that some of our most esteemed UK makers are no longer advertising their work, presumably because they have moved on to pastures new after so many long years creating their beautiful bears, as in the case of Janet Clark whose unique work I was talking about with you, in an earlier post.

'Morpheus' by Sandra Wickenden (smaller bear by Mac Pholen)
In particular this year, I noticed Frank Webster, Sandra Wickenden and Sue Schoen have quietly withdrawn from the Guide. So, I'd like to take this opportunity to say thank you for the inspiration and generous support, including freely given hugs, shared with me throughout my own years as a bear maker.
On a more uplifting note, it is a pleasure to see many more recently established bear artists advertising wonderful bears and a relief to find Pam Howells in those hallowed pages, just where she should be, after so many decades of sharing her delightful bear craft. In fact, if ever there was to be a 'Lifetime Achievement Award' created for our UK bear industry, it would surely have to be Pam's by undisputable right.

One thing's for sure, it's always worth purchasing a copy of the 'UK Teddy Bear Guide' to keep bang up to-date with the latest goings on in the bear world! Thanks for another great Guide Hugglets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.