Friday 5 October 2007

Oh what a beautiful morning.

After a soggy summer season here in the UK, it seems we are to be compensated with an Indian summer in October. It's only 9.30am as I write, but through my window I can already see the sun radiating a golden glow through trees of burnished leaves. What a great start to my day!

I think I mentioned a while ago that I will be working on my Bear Artists Online Winter Warmer show bears throughout October. So far I have two completed, which of course, won't be enough, so plenty more work to do yet! I won't be revealing too much about these bears until the big day of course, but in the meantime, I can at least share a few tiny peeks on my website to hopefully whet your appetite!

Yesterday was 'National Poetry' day, so I thought I'd close today with some of my all time favourite poems ...


So we'll go no more a roving by George Gordon, Lord Byron

So, we'll go no more a roving
So late into the night,
Though the heart be still as loving,
And the moon be still as bright.
For the sword outwears its sheath,
And the soul wears out the breast,
And the heart must pause to breathe,
And love itself have rest.
Though the night was made for loving,
And the day returns too soon,
Yet we'll go no more a roving
By the light of the moon.


The Cloths of Heaven by William Butler Yeats

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.


Nothing Gold Can Stay by Robert Frost

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.