Monday 1 July 2013

Special Birthday Treat!

After my disastrous birthday in February, I finally celebrated my 50th in true style with my daughter on Saturday.  Fay took me to see the amazing 'Les Miserables' musical at Queen's Theatre in London, followed by an impromptu 'point 'n shoot' walk to take in the local tourist sights ... we had such a fun day together!

Arriving at Queen's Theatre, Shaftesbury Avenue

The show was absolutely everything a West End musical should be ... classy, seamless and completely engrossing.  Geronimo Raunch singing 'Bring him home' was so moving, it gave me goosebumps!  I sat absolutely spellbound for three solid hours.

Chinatown

I hope you will enjoy some of the landmark sights with us through these snaps, taken as we strolled together in the glorious June sunshine.  If you haven't yet been to London and ever have the opportunity to do so, please come visit! London is such an exciting, hustling, bustling, colourful city.

Fay at Buckingham Palace

Doing her tourist thing!

Horse Guards Parade

The Guard's Memorial

Enjoying an ice-cream in St James' Park

Checking out the Queen Victoria Memorial

'Big Ben'

Big Ben and a red bus ... no doubting you're in London!

The magnificent Houses of Parliament

Westminster Abbey - that's one heck of a wedding venue!

Westminster Abbey .. even the back entrance is breathtaking

Downing Street 
Where the serious business of British Government occurs

Strolling along The Embankment in the evening sunshine, 
view of the 'London Eye' across the Thames

Posing on Westminster Bridge

South Bank and the London Eye

I loved sharing my special birthday in London with Fay, it was a wonderful treat and one I will always remember.  

Thank you daughter, 
with my love always, 
Mum xxx

2 comments:

  1. What a very special day. It just extended your Birthday a little longer.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh fabulous pictures. It brings back all the good memories about London. I just adore this city and sometimes I wish I could pop over more often!!
    I really envy you :)

    Bearhugs, Thea x

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.