Wednesday 4 May 2016

Moving Mountains

Watching this little man explore his world and find his way, is my greatest joy right now.


I love our days together.  He opens my eyes to the tiniest points of interest on walks, things my adult eyes had long stopped noticing ... yesterday we took a walk through the local bluebell woods, found sticks to poke fallen leaves with and stopped very, very still, to watch a blackbird watching us from a low branch.  We sat on a log, listened to a bumble bee buzzing around, then held hands to climb a mud hump. Such simple, yet enormous, pleasures.


When we aren't out walking, we play, chat, sing, dance and read silly stories together. Sharing books with my eighteen month old grandson is very precious and to hear him 'reading' the last word in sentences from books I too loved as a child, makes me grin from ear to ear, every time!


Colour, imagination, fun, mischief, wonderment, sunshine whatever the weather and so much love, enters my world each time my Grandson steps through the front door.  

:-)


So, Toby, for when you are old enough and need to think about where to go in your future, here is a little message, with oodles and poodles of love from your Nana. 

(I have borrowed a few words from Dr Seuss, who, as we have discovered, seems to know a thing or two about such important stuff!)


Oh the places you'll go!

You have brains in your head
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.

...

You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.

...

You'll be on your way up!
You'll be seeing great sights!
You'll join the high fliers
who soar to high heights.

...

On and on you will hike.
And I know you'll hike far
and face up to your problems,
whatever they are.

...

And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.