Friday 3 December 2010

Wellies, woollies and waterproofs!

Since my previous post, the wintry conditions haven't improved; in fact Kent is now officially a Winter Wonderland.  I think the best thing to do in times like this is batten down the hatches, make a nice hot cuppa and admire the view through the window, but we had no milk or bread yesterday, so I had to concede a need to bundle myself into wellies, woollies and waterproofs and brave the snow if I wanted some lunch!


My clomp to the supermarket was breathtakingly cold, yet undeniably beautiful ... isn't it amazing how a thick covering of snow turns even the most ordinary of scenes into a picture postcard?!


By the time I arrived back on my front porch, I looked like an abominable snowman and couldn't wait to peel off my snowy layers to make a hot drink.  Needless to say, I didn't venture out again, instead I snuggled into my armchair my feet toasty in furry slipper boots, to finish little Nicholas's winter cardigan.

16" Nicholas
This afternoon I'm going to tuck myself up in the warmth of my workroom ... I feel a pink bear coming on and this snowy weather is perfect for bear making!

6 comments:

  1. What a nice story of real life in snow country. We have lots of snow here now, too. Makes the teddy bear room all the more inviting. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about beautiful, what wonderful scenery, even though it would have been cold on the toes.
    I have always dreamed of a white Christmas. It's 36deg. today here in Adelaide in the land down under.
    Toooooo hot.
    Hugs
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely the weather to stay inside and bear. Looking forward to meeting the new creation :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cold, especially for beautiful bears :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister has sent me photos from Haworth in West Yorkshire and its also covered in snow. It looks so beautiful. Makes me really homesick for England again. It sounds so lovely and toasty in your house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister has sent me photos from Haworth in West Yorkshire and its also covered in snow. It looks so beautiful. Makes me really homesick for England again. It sounds so lovely and toasty in your house.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.