Tuesday 13 January 2009

Getting into gear for the Winter Bearfest

Yes, it's almost that time of year again, showtime! I have only five weeks to prepare for the first major show of the 2009 calendar, 'The Winter Bearfest' in Kensington. As I was under par last week, I'm well aware of the need to get myself back into gear - I want to be absolutely certain I have some very special bears to take to the show with me on the 22nd Feb!

Click to visit the Hugglets website for more show details

I think there are usually about one hundred and fifty exibitors at this well established show, each hand picked by the promoters and personally invited to participate, so I've no doubt the competition will be healthily fierce. That said, it's always a friendly show, as we bear makers shake off our winter hibernation and venture out from workrooms across the UK and beyond, to meet with collectors in person and catch up with our old friends.

20" 'Cocoa' will make his debut at the 'Winter Bearfest' on 22nd February 2009

In preparation this morning I began to update the All Bear website to incorporate a show preview page, but I'll be keeping it under wraps for a wee while longer - after all, there's no harm in building a little suspense eh?! I'm relieved to say I do have my very first show bear completed, so here's a peek to whet your appetite while I set to work on his pals!

6 comments:

  1. Your Cocoa is beautiful Paula.
    I hope you´ll have a great show - actually I´m sure you will.
    Hugs, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. He/She looks a pretty solid citizen Paula. That show must be fun for Teddy lovers and makers. - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a handsome, handsome fellow Paula.....he's gorgeous :o)

    Hugs
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cocoa is just gorgeous Paula. Hope you are feeling better. Hugs, Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cocoa is absolutely gorgeous. He is definitely a very special bear to take to The Winter Bearfest in Kensington.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paula, Cocoa is a stunner! Hope you're feeling better now. Don't know if you've noticed but there is one of your Auntie bears on ebay , she's called Elise, the seller is a shop called "Help empty my attic" I bought a bear from them last year and they were very reliable and quick to despatch, thought I'd let you know,
    Hugs Ginie-Lee x

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.