Thursday 5 June 2008

Motoring on

I set off to Gosport yesterday, my car boot bursting with precious cargo and with a fair flutter of butterflies practising dance moves in my tummy. Although the journey to my sister's house is only two and bit hours door to door, I still felt a wee bit daunted at the prospect of driving on my own! I wonder how long it will take before I feel completely confident when faced with a long drive?!

Learning to use Tina's studio!
The drive wasn't too bad though and the sun shone most of the way, so with a little Van Morrison to keep me company (I love his new 'Keep it simple' album!) I arrived safely and just in time for lunch.

Fareham Creek
I grew up in Hampshire, so whenever I go back for a visit, I love catching that first glimpse of the sea as I near Fareham Creek, because it always reminds me of my childhood ... I can almost hear my Mum's voice from the front of the car saying, "nearly home kids, look there's the sea!" (In fact, she still does that!)
but unfortunately the approach is all motorway, so I couldn't stop to take a picture for you, instead I've borrowed one from the internet, this way you can at least share the pleasure of seeing the boats with me!
How cute is this pic?!!!!

I had a lovely day with Tina and Ian. We worked hard to get the bears fluffed and focused and Tina, yet again, excelled herself with some beautiful shots, taken in her studio. She also tried her hardest to teach me a little more about the mysteries of 'Photoshop' (I do hope my poor old lady brain has absorbed it all!) and even let me play at taking a few studio shots of my own!
Taking a break so Tina could practise her exposures on me for a forthcoming wedding booking!
Ian made us all a very tasty, healthy salad lunch which we shared in garden and then it was back to work again, until I realised time was ticking on and reluctantly, had to pack up the bears, say my goodbyes and tackle the long drive home. Why is it the drive home always seems to take forever? Luckily, I had a clear run, but even so, I was one very tired bear maker when I eventually pulled up on the driveway at about 9.15pm and to be honest, I still feel pretty weary today!

Promotional pic

I'm going to spend the rest of today catching up with a little housework and as it's a beautiful sunny day, I might even mow the lawn later this afternoon; one thing's for sure though, I'm definitely taking a break from my workroom until next week. Time for me to put down my stuffing stick and take things a little easier until the show on Sunday.
'Teddy Bear Artist Event of 2008' Collection
Before I go and haul the lawn mower out from the shed, I must just take this opportunity to say a big thank you to Tina. If you are out there Sis, thank you so much, again!!! A plain ol' 'thank you' seems seems trite, but how else do I show my appreciation for all the help you so generously give me? I really enjoy coming to visit (especially now I can manage it all by myself!) and maybe next time, I'll try and come without a boot full of bears so we can forget all about working and just hang out for a change! Sian's very special Pink Ted, home safe and sound with me!

While I'm taking a moment to leave messages for family, here's one for my young niece Sian ... don't worry Sian, Auntie Tina kept Pink Ted safe when you left him behind last week and Auntie Paula now has him sitting in her workroom waiting for Mummy to drive you over to come and get him. See you very soon xxx

If you would like to find out more about Tina's work as a professional photographer, please take a moment to visit
www.tinaallinghamphotography.co.uk

7 comments:

  1. Hi Paula , sounds like you had a great time with your sis and you got some fab pics too! I love the final pic that shows all the bears together , it must make you feel proud to think that they're all created by you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. WEB SHERIFF
    Protecting Your Rights on the Internet
    Tel 44-(0)208-323 8013
    Fax 44-(0)208-323 8080
    websheriff@websheriff.com
    www.websheriff.com

    Hi Paula,

    On behalf of Exile Productions and Exile Publishing, many thanks for plugging Van Morrison's new album and, if your readers want good quality, non-pirated, preview tracks, full versions of "That's Entrainment" and "Behind The Ritual" (along with album track samplers) are available for fans and bloggers to listen to (and link to) on Lost Highway's web-site at http://www.losthighwayrecords.com .

    Up-to-the-minute info on Keep It Simple and Van’s 2008 shows is, of course, also available on www.vanmorrison.com and www.myspace.com/vanmorrison and, for a limited period, you can still hear Van's exclusive BBC concert at http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio2_aod.shtml?radio2/r2_vanmorrison and you can also see his BBC sessions at http://www.bbc.co.uk/musictv/vanmorrison/video/ .

    Thanks again for your plug ... .. and we LOVE the bears !!

    Regards,

    WEB SHERIFF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paula, I would like to wish you well for the show and the photo's of yourself and bears are amazing.
    Good luck.
    Christine "NZ"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great pictures Paula! I just wanted to wish you a great fair in Stratford, I so wish I could be there too...:(
    About the long drives...I have the same thing...I got my license almost 2½ years ago now and I still feel nervous when I have to drive a long way, especially when I don't know the surroundings I am driving to...I hope we will both get used to it!
    Many hugs
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paula,

    I love all the photos you and your sister took and what a fun day you must have had.
    You have been very busy making such a wonderful
    group of bears.

    Much luck for the Stratford Fair.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Miss Paula!
    You, your bears and your countryside.... Beautiful as always!!
    Ginormus Hugz,
    Roxanne Propp

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for the good luck wishes! I'm really pleased you enjoyed Tina's pics ... she will be too!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.