Sunday 21 January 2018

Away with the fairies

As regular readers may know (forgive my assumption, but I am praying I still have a few regular readers as I have been blogging since 2007!) each new year, I like to try to give myself a challenge to learn something new.


After a brief and rather fanciful foray into drawing fairies last Autumn, I chose this year, to sign up for an online art course with the lovely Jane Davenport , a fabulously expressive Aussie artist.


Jane's 'Joynal' course is proving to be a lovely escape from reality; my imagine is on overdrive and I confess to having heaps of fun finding fairies here, there and just about everywhere!


Drawing is still a huge challenge for me. It never came instinctively and I have felt uncomfortable in this artistic department since I was a little girl, so throwing caution to the wind and sharing work now, is quite a biggy for me. However, since settling into my mid-fifties, I have reached the conclusion life is way too short for such inhibitions ... colour and fun should be shared!


As CS Lewis once said,

'You are never too old to set another goal, or to dream a new dream.'

I couldn't agree more!

:-)





3 comments:

  1. Paula, this regular reader is still here, and I must say, I love your fairies. They are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always lovely to hear from you Joanne. Thank you so much for being a regular reader and for your kindness x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paula, you have picked up a new reader. I have been an Arctophile for over 21 years and just started making them for over 2 years now. I have a Bear of yours and love him. Now as a new artist and Blogger myself I would love to email you. You can see my add in the U.K. Teddy Guide. I use all natural stuffing of Spun Hemp and Flax ecoshiv. You can visit me at
    www.bellobornbears.com

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.