Sunday 22 January 2017

A good week's work..

My teddy bear making mojo is in full swing at the moment, which is always a good start to a new year! I may have started slowly, but with two bears now under my bear-maker's belt and we're still only in January, I am excited about the prospect of more teddy bears to come ... and hopefully, maybe a few 'Prim Dolly Doodles' too ... fingers crossed.


My lovely red Rufus found a super new home last week and then I finished this pretty teddy girl, the lovely 'Lisette'.  A good week's work I'd say! I had been hunting through my fabric boxes and came across a wonderful piece of Schulte kid mohair tucked away and temporarily forgotten, so I decided to spoil myself by turning it into a good sized teddy (she is 20" tall). You just can't beat a beautiful dense German Schulte kid mohair when it comes to making big bears. It really is the most fabulous teddy bear fur and in my humble bearmaker's opinion, by far the best quality available (just wish it wasn't quite so pricey these days, but I guess that old saying is true, you do 'get what you pay for'. Unfortunately sourcing good quality teddy bear mohair for larger bears sure has become a costly process!)

Anyway, I thought you would like to meet 'Lisette', before she finds a new home and if by any chance you would like to adopt her yourself, she is currently available to purchase from my website and you are most welcome to visit:


Have a lovely Sunday everyone!

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.