Friday 9 January 2015

Knitting for a new generation

Do you remember the knitted jacket I showed you a few days ago?


Well, my little Grandson arrived at my house looking very cosy in it on Wednesday, so naturally, I couldn't resist a quick point 'n shoot!  I know I'm biased, but isn't he gorgeous?!  The newborn phase seemed to pass so quickly and at just fourteen weeks, he's already becoming a proper little boy, footballer legs and all!

My Grandson Toby

I've been clacking away merrily every evening this week too and now have another 'Nana Knit' ready for Toby's next visit this weekend; a cosy blue cabled cardigan with smart striped buttons ... I do hope it fits.


When I first taught myself to knit, in preparation for the arrival my first baby almost thirty two years ago, it didn't occur to me that one day I would be knitting for my own Grandson.  Now I am able to do exactly that, I am so glad I mastered my needles all those years ago!

1 comment:

  1. The sweaters are lovely. Good for you to be smart enough to teach yourself and to keep at it.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.