Friday 2 January 2015

For the sake of auld lang syne ..

I have never been enthused by New Year's Eve as for me, the party spirit always seems tinged with an inexplicable sense of melancholy. That said, there is absolutely no good reason to turn down an invitation for dinner with my sister and her fiance whatever the day, or time of year!

Eton Mess mixture: meringue, cream, fromage frais, castor sugar, strawberries, blackberries and kiwi fruit.

So we began the final evening of 2014 with a healthy dinner of butternut squash and chilli, lovingly prepared by my keep fit crazy sis, followed by my contribution of a belly busting 'Eton Mess' dessert (so bad it must be good!) which I balanced carefully on my knees as we drove along dark, windy country roads, out to Fo's house.


To keep us awake after dinner, Simon organised a game of kitchen table tennis and dominoes ...

Kitchen table tennis

Dominoes

And after several more glasses of wine for the non-drivers and some fizzy grape juice for me, we chatted and watched a spot of Jools Holland's Hootenanny on the telly, before wrapping up warmly and going outside to see in the New Year Wormshill style, watching fireworks on the horizon beyond the fields and warming ourselves beside Simon's log burner.

Our hosts, Fo 'n Simon

Despite my traditional lack of enthusiasm for New Year's Eve, I will admit to enjoying a relaxed, fun evening as we welcomed in 2015 with Fo 'n Simon, who are not only family, but also our closest friends.

Seeing in the New Year!

I would like to take this opportunity to wish my sister Fiona and her fiance Simon, a happy, healthy, successful New Year ahead ... and of course, a wonderful Wormshill wedding day at St Gile's Church in July 2015!


Cheers you two!

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing like spending time with family. We will look forward to Fiona's wedding. Happy new year to you both plus your gorgeous dog.
    Hugs Kay

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.