Monday 4 November 2013

First things first ..

First things first please!  Before we bedeck in tinsel and sparkle, let's take a moment to enjoy Guy Fawkes night!
 
 
I don't think my kids (ages 30 and 28) will ever be too old for 'big bright shiny things going bang' (my son's words!) so it has become an annual ritual for us to tromp down to our local community firework display to celebrate Guy Fawkes Night, stopping along the way to pick up fish 'n chips to eat as we walk ... yum!
 
 
My Dad always loved Guy Fawkes night and I remember clearly, the last bonfire party he held in his garden ... a large rogue rocket shot across the lawn instead of up into the sky. I don't think we've ever moved so fast!  Fortunately no harm was done and now whenever I see fireworks, they always make me smile and think of my Dad.
 
 
 
So even though the shops in town are filling their shelves with Christmas already, I absolutely refuse to think 'Christmas' before Guy Fawkes is done and dusted.  There is a time and place for everything and this week is neither the time nor the place for Christmas as far as I am concerned!
 
Wishing everyone a safe and happy Guy Fawkes Night. 
Wheeee, wizz, bang!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are lucky to be able to celebrate Guy Fawkes. Because the grass has dried off and there would be a big possibility of fire we are not aloud to even buy fire works. So I'm glad your family can enjoy it.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.