Wednesday 24 April 2013

The heart of the matter ..

To become a respected teddy bear artist takes years of dedication, to become a respected teddy bear advocate takes even longer ...

I first fell in love with teddy bears as a little girl and my passion for these silent friends has remained true for half a century.  As a teddy bear maker, I'm not the kind of person to make demands of the wider 'bear industry', in fact a quiet corner in which to stuff and sew, welcoming faces at shows and of course, kind words, are all I ever ask of my creative life.

Years of trial and error have taught me that knowledge shared not only cements progress in a broader sense, it also helps creative people to grow.  Bear makers are usually isolated in their work and welcome opportunities to share creativity and encourage one another ... it helps drive us.  Throughout my twenty years of bear crafting, I believe I have learned a few things worth sharing, so enjoy helping other bear makers find their way too.  

Today I was saddened to see my reputation slandered for no other reason than that of self gain.

Thank heavens, after many privileged years working with warm, honest teddy bear folk, I am confident that such wilfully destructive people are an extremely rare breed in our teddy bear kingdom.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Paula,

    I am sorry that you experienced this in the teddy bear world. As you say, for the most part that is not the real teddy bear world. You do a great deal of work for the artists and promoting the art of the teddy. Good for you and lucky for us!

    all the best,
    ~ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear this Paula after your years of useful and helpful input in the bear world as well as all your wonderful teds and hard work:o)) Sadly there are lots of people out there that have got nothing better to do than have a go at others!
    I'm sure you will rise above all this and give it a bloody good kick into touch!!
    Take care now and have a good weekend.
    Hugs Lyn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula, You are one person that I admire in the Teddy Bear world. Always willing to share your knowledge and promote our wonderful industry. Thanks so much.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done such a lot for the bear making community and I for one appreciate this. Stand tall and know those who matter very much respect and thank you for all the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are all very kind, thank you and hugs to you xxx

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.