Thursday 24 January 2008

Clowning around

If you have ever taken a moment to plough through my earlier blog entries, you will know by now that I have a bit of a 'thing' for clown bears. I think it's because the possibilities for design are absolutely endless and so much fun for a designer; I can play with contemporary concepts, or work my creative thoughts all the way through the spectrum towards the more classical designs. I think 'Pedrolino' definitely falls in the latter category, paying tribute as he does, to the romantic French white-faced clown.

2008 Pedrolino 13"

It is always so easy for me to find inspiration for new clown bears, because I really enjoy designing them. I've hunted through my files to find a picture of my very first white-faced clown design to share with you - I created 28" 'Pazazz' especially for the 'British Bear Artist Awards' in 1999 and as you can see, even though they are both white-faced, Pazazz is very different in style and size from 13" Pedrolino. (In case you were wondering, 'Pazazz' achieved second place in his category. It was such a proud day for me! He was subsequently purchased by the Hong Kong Toy Museum. I wonder if he is still on display?!)

1999 Pazazz 28"

By the way, I discovered Pedrolino's gorgeous little buttons whilst browsing Ebay. Aren't they beautiful?! I love finding vintage trims to finish my bears and these really were a great find. They are 1930's glass buttons ... so dainty! The perfect finishing touch for my handsome little clown.

NB: It has just dawned on me that I'm having a lilac week, what with my new clown bear and my little cardigan ... maybe it's a sign that Spring is just around the next corner! I do hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.