Wednesday 2 May 2007

Poetic Licence

A glimpse into some of my poetic twiddlings, some whimsical, some much less so...
YOUNG AGAIN
If I had my chance, so brief
to glance again the dream of youth’s sweet hope,
I’d grasp a magic shooting star,
whirl breathlessly, carelessly, ‘til afar ...
Hitch a ride to Neverland.
Hold passion preciously in my hand.
Then borne upon a unicorn,
sprinkling fairy dust from dusk ‘til dawn,
I’d catch a raindrop glimmering bright
and freefall gaily through my velvet night.

MY BOX
There’s a box in my head
where I go to hide
when life stabs deep
and bleeds inside.

LONDON'S PAIN
Stabbed in her back
Heart attacked
Viral infection clear
Bandaging wounds with national pride
As her bowels haemorrhage fear.



SUSPENDED IN SILENCE
“It’s not too late.”
Words unspoken
t’wixt you and me
suspended in silence
weigh
heavily.

PAST TENSE
Girl of his dreams I used to be.
Bittersweet memory.
Loved me once the words he says.
Used to know me.
All past tense.

DOES THE BREEZE BLOW A KISS?

Will the world stop turning
If the sun stops yearning
To shine
Each and every day?
And does the breeze blow a kiss
When the sky’s all a-mist
To cheer up
Its miserable ways?
Do the stars ever croon
When they gaze at the moon
As they float
On their Milky Way?
And does thunder ever wonder
If it's really made a blunder
When it rumbles
Through a Summer's day?
Can the wind really tickle
The leaves of a thistle,
Pick berries from the mistletoe?
And when all is said and done
Can a moonbeam truly hum?
These are the things
I'd like to know.


3 comments:

  1. My favorite is Does the breeze blow a kiss. I love the way it dances in my head as I read it. You really should find a publisher!!

    Warmest bear hugs, Aleta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula, your poetry is so inspiring, it really touches a chord in me. Thank you so much for sharing that aspect of your incredible talents with onlookers like myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for taking the time to read my poems .. I'm glad you enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.