Friday 4 January 2019

It's just another New Year's Eve..

I'm not really the biggest fan of New Year's Eve, it always makes me feel a bit sad to be waving away another year and my dogs are frightened of the midnight fireworks. This year I spent the wee small hours of 2019 on my living room rug, with an anxious Polly and Betty pressed tightly into my sides as they fretted about the 'war zone' happening outside.


Whilst New Year's Eve doesn't float my boat these days, I do always enjoy a good walk on the first of January and this year, invited my family to Teston Bridge Country Park which meanders along the River Medway. The weather was was crisp and dry for our first walk of 2019 and we were treated to the most fabulous winter sunset on our return.


Starting a brand new year 'outdoorsing' with my family, gave 2019 the best possible start for me and hopefully for each of them too. We all love a good welly walk together!


This year my Granddaughter joined us for her very first New Year's Day walk. She snuggled safely in her sling, smiling and chatting along the way, while her big brother, now a lively four year old, sploshed through muddy puddles and collected sticks to tease his auntie with.


It was a lovely walk, relaxed and fun, with beautiful scenery, shared with the people who are my world.  In fact, I'd even go as far as to say, the perfect start to a New Year!


So, time to say goodbye to 2018 and hello 2019. 

I am looking forward to a year full of family, fun and time to create. I am not making New Year resolutions, just a promise to myself to make the best of every day.


Wishing you all a very Happy New Year.

May 2019 be all you hope for.

Paula.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.