Wednesday 9 January 2013

Staying true

I really enjoy creativity in bear artistry, but am far more likely to gasp in awe at a well designed traditional bear than I am a trendy modern bear and that's the beauty of bear making, there really is something for everyone.

O'Grady

Over the years I've been known to dabble with many a contemporary technique and I always enjoy the process of creative exploration, but the older I grow, the less I feel the need to make my point with trendy embellishments and the more my inner bear maker tells me to stay true to what first captured my creative soul so many years ago ... classic bears, made from the heart.  

I was very touched earlier today when someone I respect enormously described 'O'Grady,' the bear above, as 'magnificently traditional, with a twist' ... I must admit, I couldn't have hoped for a greater compliment to begin my eighteenth year of bear-making!

2 comments:

  1. Well said Paula and I couldn't agree with you more and as for O'Grady he really is a looker! Congrats on your 18th year:o)) I've been down that road of dabbling etc. but now feel right at home with my oldies and each one is a real pleasure to make:o))
    Take care and have a good day.
    Hugs Lyn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. O`Grady is a wonderful baer too. the face is so sweet i like it

    hugs from sylvia from the mäsywi-bären

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.