Monday 4 January 2010

Elephant steps ...

How pleased was I to receive the latest issue of 'Australian Bear Creations' magazine just before Christmas, only to discover my very first fully jointed elephant 'Delilah'  had been featured in the 'African Safari' article!  My first ever non-teddy bear design to be published! 


'Delilah' featured in Australian Bear Creations Vol 15 No 5

Delilah was my first attempt at a 16" ellie and I was so pleased with her when I finished her.  She found a lovely new home in the US last autumn and since then, you may recall I made 'Starlight', my second jointed elephant, created as part of my 'Magical Mayhem' 2009 collection.


'Starlight'

I have no idea if Starlight could be the kind of creation to catch the eye of a competition judge or two, but as we are now entering the international bear crafting competition season once more, I thought I'd offer this dear little elephant up for scrutiny in the 'friends' category ... so please, keep your fingers crossed for us!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Paula, I certainly think any creature you create is judge worthy, best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Paula...how wonderful..I can see why your wonderful elephants was featured..she's fantastic :)

    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your elephants are soo cute Paula! All your creations are made to perfection, and I really LOVE each and every bear/friend you made! Congrats on the published photo and good luck for the competition!
    Monicaxo.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.