Tuesday 8 April 2008

Specs, sniffles, submissions and so much to do!

ALL BEAR publicity postcards, new design for 2008

I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself today, with a stuffy nose and a burning throat. I've munched my way through half a packet of lozenges this afternoon but despite being a wee bit on the pathetic side, I expect I'll live, so please ignore my sorry sniffles.

On a brighter note, I can now thread a needle again! For quite a while I've been aware of holding reading matter, sewing needles and so on, at arm's length and peering with one eye closed to gain focus, so I finally gave in and made an appointment to see the optician; she categorically confirmed old age is definitely creeping up on me and promptly issued a prescription for reading glasses. I don't mind wearing specs at all though, in fact, I'm rather chuffed with them and after struggling manfully for so long, my tired old eyes are most appreciative of their posh new glasses!
After my family filled weekend, I was eager to get back into my workroom today. I hope you'll be pleased to hear I have been hard at work on another Spring bear destined for my website; with luck I will have this bear ready to show you tomorrow. No, I'm not going to reveal too much just yet, but I don't mind telling you the mohair is a very pretty lavender ... a tease? Me? As if!


It's almost time for the annual URSA Awards to take place. As you may remember, I entered last year for the first time, but without success. It's not always easy to dust oneself down and take the plunge again as even teddy bear designers have delicate ego's to consider, but this particular bear designer is no Prima Dona, so hey ho, here I go again ... I'll let you know which bears I've submitted a little nearer the time.

New hangtags for 2008

It's going to be a busy week for me, what with another order to complete for Sue Pearson's lovely shop in Brighton and an article to write for a New Zealand magazine, not to mention the All Bear accounts needing to be knocked into shape for the tax man, (groan) a task which definitely qualifies as my least favourite of the entire year.
Rear of new hangtag

Fortunately, I managed to find some time recently to put some of Tina's gorgeous photographs to practical use. It's all jolly fine having fabulous professional photographs taken, but once the bears have enjoyed their big day out in the studio, I need to consider how best to employ the pics. This time I thought the group shot would be perfect for creating some new hangtags and publicity postcards, with the aim of keeping my promotional materials fresh for collectors. I've also used a lovely head shot of Raffles for the black and white backside of the hangtag. I'm quite pleased with the results, so now I can cross that particular job off my 'to do' list, put the kettle on, pour a Lemsip and whine pitifully in the hope of gaining a little sympathy from my lot when they get home this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.