Friday 17 March 2023

Elizabeth Tweedy

 84bb10_e1523030992f454aab8766dfebd9ca51~mv2

ELIZABETH TWEEDY

After the very sad loss of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II on September 8th 2022, I was delighted to be invited to create a teddy bear memory from Harris Tweed, to celebrate the life of our dear Queen. My customer, a talented artist, sent me a beautiful sketch of the bear she had in mind, with helpful notes for me to work to...

With the Queen's dearest Balmoral Estate in mind, I decided to focus on the soft hues of Scottish heather against grey skies and, at my customer's suggestion, to incorporate the blue of Her Majesty's eyes in the bear.

My lasting memory of Queen Elizabeth is the final photograph taken of her in the elegant Drawing Room, at Balmoral Castle in Scotland. She was dressed in muted shades of soft grey, brightened with a smiling pink lipstick, the essence of which I hope to have captured in my Tweedy Ted's little brooch button.

Elizabeth Tweedy, a serene cloth bear, was created from Harris Tweed, woven by Royal Warrant, on the Outer Hebridean Isles of Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.