Friday 1 June 2018

Tweedy Teds

I find it's good to take a break from mohair to experiment with different fabrics now and again. This week, I have been having heaps of fun creating cloth bears from Harris Tweed. I absolutely love this beautiful hand woven, pure wool fabric, which is produced in the Scottish Isles.



This special Tweed is available in an unending array of fabulous colours and patterns, is strong enough to withstand the rigours of bear-making and produces wonderfully characterful, traditional bears, with a twist!




I daresay I'll introduce a few smaller bears along the way, but to start with, I've been making larger bears ... Thistle measures 21" and Lullaby 20". I was so thrilled when both bears sold within moments of making their appearance on my website!

I have several other gorgeous pieces of this fabulous fabric in my workroom and another couple of tweedy teds in the pipeline, so if you missed this pair of tweedy bears, please pop back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.