Friday 12 August 2016

The colours of a rainbow

Keeping an almost-two-year-old entertained each week has proved to be less of a challenge than I at first imagined it might be. Little Toby has a wonderfully curious mind and a delightfully active spirit, so we are having heaps of fun together and as his Nana, being granted an opportunity to see the world through such fresh young eyes once more, is a privilege I truly treasure.


The weather has been glorious here in Kent this week, so I put up my parasol to provide some shade on the garden patio, smeared my Grandson in 'Factor 50', cut up one of my t-shirts to make him a painting smock, rolled out a leftover length of wallpaper, gathered large pebbles to weight it, squeezed out the colours of a rainbow ... and let him loose!


He had a whale of a time with the paint and was completely focused on making his picture with whatever came to hand, be it brushes, sponges, or feet and hands.  It was so much fun to watch him create his first masterpiece.  I sent the entire roll (several feet long!) home with Toby, to share with his mummy and daddy, but couldn't resist keeping a little picture he painted while we were waiting for the big one to dry in the sunshine.  I framed it and hung it on his bedroom wall at Nana's house, for him to enjoy whenever he visits ... and every time I look at it, I can't help but grin and think of my little artist at work!

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.