Wednesday 21 September 2011

Halloween Happenings

It has been a whole year since I last made one of my 'Prim Dolly Doodles' ... I can hardly believe so much time has slipped away without a single daft dolly to share.  With Halloween only weeks away, now is the perfect time to put that to rights!


I've had a pair of pointy-toed dolly legs waiting patiently in my work basket since last year's Halloween, so yesterday I decided to see if I could remember how to make a cloth doll after my long sabbatical ...


First things first, time to hunt out paint brushes and give those pointy-toes a quick undercoat  ...


And while they were drying, I sewed the rest of my doll, stuffed her firmly and set to work on the fun stuff - creating a face with pens, paints, crayons, chalks and embroidery threads!


By tea-time yesterday, I had completely lost track of time, not even realising dusk had fallen when Stuart popped his head into my workroom after work!  My daft dolly had taken shape though, with limbs and head attached, smart blue pointy shoes on her feet and a matching Halloween frock to wear!


And now she's perched on the edge of my desk raising her eyes as if to say 'do come away from that blog and make me some hair!'

So just this once, I suppose I'd better do as I'm told!

5 comments:

  1. She's looking fab, even without hair! Love the fabric and the colours of her dress. Looks like she provided you with hours of fun! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those stockings match her frock beautifully. She is one happy little soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFL, only a bear or doll maker could get away with casually mentioning a pair of legs lying around in their workbasket :oD She does look fab though :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't help thinking that the photo of legs pointing upwards should have ruby slippers...but she's turned out far too pretty to be an evil witch!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.