Monday 16 March 2015

Mothering on Sunday

It was Mothering Sunday here in the UK yesterday and my sister Fiona and I were delighted to spend the afternoon celebrating with our families.

Mother's Day at Doddington with our families

A big thank you to this lovely bunch for caring enough to travel from their respective homes on a freezing cold afternoon to share Mother's Day with us at Doddington Place Gardens.  We loved having you all together in these beautiful gardens and were especially delighted to celebrate our special day with Leah and Hannah, our two newest mummies.

Mother's Day selfie with my kids, their partners and if you look carefully, 
you'll spy my little grandson!

I think it's only when your kids finally leave home for good, you really discover the true essence of the work you have done raising them. Watching them fly your nest is tougher than any mum can ever foresee, but helping them leave to build their own families, knowing they will be confidently independent, is the best reward of all for the years of hard work as a mum.


My sister with her daughters and granddaughter

Mother's Day may be heavily commercial these days, but that really doesn't matter.  I don't believe the heart of this special day is purely for children to show mums they love them, it is also the perfect opportunity for we mums to let our kids know that no matter how old, or independent they are, we will always be there for them.


So to our kids and their lovely 'other halves', we wish you a very Happy Mother's Day. Thank you all so much for taking time out to show us how much you care.  
We couldn't be more proud of you all ...
With our love always.
Your Mums.
 xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.