Saturday 23 August 2008

A little Saturday morning indulgence

Ho hum, I'm waiting for the carpet fitters to arrive. The washing machine is whirring diligently, my sheets are waving in the breeze, the kitchen floor is shining. Vacuuming, scrubbing, polishing, it's all been done and they still aren't here. I daren't mow the lawn in case the noise drowns the doorbell, so there's nothing for it I'm afraid, baking it must be! Mmmn, fresh cherry loaf ... oh dear, my waistline sure is going to suffer for those fitters!

Saturday's fresh cherry loaf!

Oh, you'd like some too would you? Well, that's no problem, grab your pinny and wooden spoon while I type out the receipe for you ...

This receipe is courtesy of the Daily Mail 'You' magazine ... it makes a good family sized cake, is lovely and moist and oh so yummy!

FRESH CHERRY LOAF

230g softened butter

200g fresh cherries, stoned

250 self-raising flour

175g caster sugar

3 large eggs, beaten

2-3 drops almond essence

100g ground almonds

6 tbsp milk

Preheat oven to 170C/150C fan/325F/Gas 3.

Line a 23cm X 13cm X 7cm (2lb) loaf tin and grease it using a little butter (I didn't do this, I greased and floured the tin ... easier!)

Quarter the stoned cherries, wash under cold water and pat dry. Toss them in a little flour and shake well to get rid of excess.

Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.

Gradually add the beaten eggs and almond essence.

Gently fold in the flour and ground almonds.

Fold in the cherries and then the milk and spoon the thick mixture in to your prepared loaf tin.

Bake for 45-60 mins or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. If you think it needs a bit longer, lightly cover with tinfoil to avoid the top burning before putting back in oven.

When baked stand tin on a wire rack until completely cooled. Then go ahead and indulge yourself!

Right, must dash ... I can hear the doorbell ringing at last!

1 comment:

  1. I'm munching a Saskatoon berry scone at the moment... my waist and I will have to pass on cherry cake for the time being...... but, it does look yummy.... think I'll go make a cuppa to have with my scone.....
    have a great weekend....

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.