Wednesday 6 August 2008

Coursing on.

I have been trying to catch up with my order book this week, which is why 'Bearing All' has been a wee bit on the introspective side (ie., quiet!) I've also been wearing my thinking cap (metaphorically speaking) because I've been feeling the urge to do something different. No, don't worry, I don't mean abandoning my bears, I'm simply going through my annual 'what can I learn,' phase ... it happens to me most years!

Paula's 2005 challenge goal - her driver's licence!

One year I took an Open University course in creative writing, another year I did the best thing I've ever done (with a heap of much needed encouragement from Stuart and my Mum) and learned to drive, at last! Last year I took a couple of handy online courses - a needlefelting course I still haven't put properly into practise but found very educational and a doll-making course I never did find time to complete ... I'll get there one day! I'm not quite sure what it is I'm craving this year, so I'll just wait for a lightbulb moment to show me the way; I'm sure everything will come clear soon!

If, like me, you are looking for a little creative challenge, you may find something to tickle your fancy at www.joggles.com or maybe an online bear-crafting class would be more your thing? If so, why not take a look at: http://www.kranbearys.com/EbearZ/index.htm for some great ideas.

Happy coursing!

3 comments:

  1. Paula, I love reading your blog. It is always interesting , and I adore your work. I can't wait to hear what new thing you decided to try. It must be that time of year. I am teaching myself to do silk screening. I think it is good to have a diversion from bears to keep the creativy alive in a different way.

    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula,

    I have not been driving that long either and I am still abit nervous if I have to go somewhere I have never been before(I have a saxo too!!) I also get, what I call itchy fingers, and have to try other things every so often. I have a whole lace making kit which I bought on holiday in Devon several years ago and keep meaning to get out to try....well maybe one day eh?

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello ladies! Thanks for popping in, I'm so pleased you are enjoying the blog. I think you're right Tammy, maybe it's something to do with the time of year, silk screening sounds fun ... last time I did that was well over thirty years ago at school! Gail, that lace making kit sounds interesting ... I'd love to learn to make lace!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.