Monday 19 February 2018

A walk with a view

The sun shone yesterday and there was a hint of Spring in the air, so we took the dogs to White Horse Wood Country Park for some fresh air fun. Previously there have been cattle in the fields when we visited, but yesterday they were nowhere to be seen, so Polly and Betty had an absolute blast running through the hills and fields off lead.


The park is very steep in places and although it doesn't cover a wide expanse, it is a challenging walk and can be a wee bit hard on 'more mature' knees, depending on which paths you choose. The views over the Kent Downs are spectacular though, so it really is well worth the creaky joints! We opted to stroll along the North Downs Way as it runs along the edge of the park, then climbed back up a very steep hill to re-enter the park. The hill was so steep in fact, I needed to stop and catch my breath halfway up! I perched myself and my girls on the incline, then when my heart had stopped beating frantically, just sat and admired the fabulous view ... after all, there's no point in taking a walk with a view, if you don't stop to admire it is there?!

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.