Monday 24 April 2017

The arrival of Rodney

When I heard whisper of a ginger kitten needing a home locally, I knew just the right owner (!) and so 'Rodney' arrived in our home on Friday afternoon. Three days later and this scrappy little kitty cat has already made a big impression on us all ... I'd almost forgotten how much fun and mischief a kitten brings!


He made himself right at home, boldly snuggling himself down in the dogs' bed on his second day with us. My golden retriever girls Polly and Betty are rather bemused by our tiny new addition, but I am happy to say, with careful supervision and a bag of training treats to hand, I have been amazed at how restrained and gentle they have been with him.


Puddle Cat, now ten, is taking her time with this cheeky young upstart as her nose has been put a little out of joint by young Rodders' arrival; she'll come round in a day or two, I'm sure. She's a kind and gentle girl, but a wee bit shy, so this lively youngster has been a surprise to her. She's tolerating him from a distance at the moment and in true pussycat style, will no doubt befriend him on her terms, but only when her ladyship is good and ready.


By the way, I do hope you enjoy these beautiful photographs of Rodney aged just eight weeks. They were taken on Saturday by my daughter's talented fiancé (copyright Dotpix Photography) when they popped in to meet Rodney for the first time. I was thrilled with them ... I think Neil has made my scrappy ginger kitty look like a feline movie star!

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.