Monday 16 September 2013

A year on ...

A year ago today, Stuart and I were married!  
Our first year as an official 'Mr & Mrs' has flown past and it really doesn't seem possible twelve months have slipped by since we gathered with family and friends to share our vows and exchange rings.

Mr and Mrs ... a year ago today!

We celebrated on Saturday evening with a fabulous candlelit slap up meal in a cosy corner of  The Black Horse in Thurnham, a beautiful 18th century country inn which serves the most delicious food.  Usually I would choose a glass of dry white wine to accompany a special meal, but was so delighted when I saw 'Curious Brew' from Chapel Down Vineyard on the drinks list, that I ordered that instead ... we served 'Curious Brew' to our guests on our wedding day in memory of my Dad, so naturally I wanted to raise a glass to him on our first wedding anniversary.

'Pearl' by Yvonne Andrew of Bebbin Bears

As a very special momento of our first year together, Stuart bought us the most beautiful bear called 'Pearl' from last weekend's show in London.  I wore pearls on our wedding day, so this bear is absolutely the most perfect teddy choice to mark our first anniversary as husband and wife.  She was created my friend Yvonne Andrew (Bebbin Bears) who is one of the most lovely teddy bear ladies.  Pearl now sits daintily on our mantelpiece and we couldn't be more delighted with her!

Mr & Mrs ... taken by my daughter, a few weeks ago.

Well, I certainly wasn't expecting that ... just as I was about to finish writing this post the doorbell rang, so up I jumped and there on my doorstep was a delivery of the most gorgeous orange flowers (the colour of our wedding flowers!) sent with love from my daughter ... thank you so much Fay, that was such a lovely, thoughtful surprise!!!!


So here we are a year on as 'Mr and Mrs' ... we laugh together, grump together, love together ... and most importantly, are together!

Happy First Anniversary Husband, 
Still making my world turn,
With all my love to you always.
Here's to our second anniversary! 
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your Wedding anniversary. Enjoy your dinner and the year ahead.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! And wishing you and your husband many more happy years together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you on your first wedding anniversary. It looks like a wonderful year has happened (plus you got Polly). I'm sure you will have many more wonderful years together to come! All the happiness in the world to you two!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet happy post, congratulations on a year together.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.