Saturday 1 June 2019

Weaving a landscape

I created Loveday Tweedy from Harris Tweed, the only fabric in the world governed by its own Act of Parliament! This wonderful cloth is hand woven on traditional looms by independent weavers throughout the Hebridean Isles.

'Loveday Tweedy' is 19" tall

The Harris Tweed I selected for Loveday, is reminiscent of the pretty pastels found in a shimmering summer sea and like many of the tweeds woven on the Hebridean Islands, takes inspiration from wonderful colours found in the local landscape, from sea to moorland.

It has been a real privilege to combine this unique hand crafted cloth with my own teddy bear designs ... 

If you would like to know more about Loveday Tweedy, please pop over to visit him on my website.

www.allbearbypaula.com

:-)

Update: Loveday Tweedy has been adopted and will be flying to Australia!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pastel shades of that tweed. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, they are beautiful ..such a lovely fresh approach to traditional Harris Tweed. Lovely to hear from you, thank you for visiting! XX

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.