Friday 7 June 2019

Rain, rain, go away!

The rain is lashing down here today, boo! I am hoping it will ease soon so that I can walk my dogs ... I really don't fancy a soaking. While we wait for the skies to clear, I'm sat here supping a mug of hot coffee and the dogs are snoozing on the rug, so I have time for a short blog post ...

11" Wilber

It is a shame about the rain, but as we've enjoyed some glorious June sunshine of late, I suppose I shouldn't really complain, but it is a pity that my roses will be spoiled by the heavy rain as they have been so pretty this month.


I popped out to my garden to take a couple of photographs of little Wilber before the heavens opened. I decided he needed a sweater, so knitted him a cosy cute cable to wear ... I think it suits him and hope you do too. I do enjoy a bit of cable knitting! He is back on my website now by the way:


In other news, I am starting to think about our Summer holiday. This year we are taking the dogs to Norfolk for the first time. I am especially looking forward to long coastal walks and visiting the seal colony at Horsey ... goodness only knows what Polly and Betty will make of them!


Until then, I plan to finish a few more teddy bears, tidy my workroom (long overdue!) and perhaps teach myself how to make a bag or two. Yes, I'm feeling the urge to learn a new skill again! I've purchased a few books to get me started, so watch this space ... 

Oh and I might also squeeze some time for using some of my Harris Tweed stash to make a few smart waistcoats for my bears to wear. Here is 
a little practice waistcoat, modelled by one of my Chiltern Hugmee teddy bears, cute eh?!


I just need to stop myself from flitting from project to project and never quite finishing anything. My Dad used to call it a 'grasshopper' mind ... perhaps he had a point!

:-)

Update: Wilber has been adopted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.