Wednesday 7 February 2018

Mud and strawberries

Well, the number might be a little harsher these days (!) but thankfully my 55th birthday was still heaps of fun!


Not that tromping through extreme mud in the pouring rain would be everyone's idea of birthday fun (!) but when you have very excited dogs and little 'uns eager to try out wellies in puddles, anything is possible! For me, it was all about sharing birthday time with my sister and her family. These days work and family commitments pull us in all directions, so getting together like this was extra special.  I must admit to missing our sister time, so was delighted when Fo organised this fun muddy walk and invited us all back to her home, dogs included, for a lovely celebration and a warm up afterwards.
Thank you Sis, it was so good to catch up with you all and to share some proper sister time.


My actual birthday was a couple of days after the muddy walk and by some strange fluke, my kids, their partners and my mum, all had time off work, so were able to visit me on a weekday afternoon. As I thought I would be spending the day alone with Polly and Betty, I couldn't believe my luck when 'my lot' and mum told me they would be celebrating with me!  We shared a super afternoon together, chatting, laughing, eating the delicious strawberry and fresh cream cake my daughter-in-law made especially for my birthday ... and generally being entertained by my very lively grandson! Come to think of it, we were four generations of family celebrating my birthday this year, making it a very special birthday for me.

Thank you family, for sharing my birthday.
You made my day a very happy one!

Much love to you all xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.