Tuesday 27 August 2013

Something old may turn to grey ...

Once Upon a Time, in another life more than thirty years ago, I knew a lad with his head in the clouds and his feet firmly on the ground.  He was a streetwise, ballsy Glaswegian rock singer, with big dreams and an even bigger heart. I was a shy, wet-behind-the-ears-fresh-out-of-school teenager, working in my first job for his management company in London. 

Owen Paul

Life was a roller coaster back then, far from conventional for either of us, so friendship cemented fast as we battled the elements of our young lives.  Then one day the wind changed direction and as is the way of life, blew me one way and him another... 

So, fast forward to Saturday night, Maidstone, in the here and now ... I was invited by Owen to hear him sing at a local venue.  My sister's family, my daughter Fay, Stuart and I, gathered to share an evening of music memories, friendship and laughter and I couldn't help but chuckle when my old friend sat at the microphone with his guitar, grinned and murmured 'hello Paula,'  as if thirty years was only thirty days ago!

Well, Mr McGee, isn't time a strange thing?! When I was a mere slip of an eighteen year old, I believed thirty years would take forever to pass, but apparently it slips by in the blink of an eye after all ... who knew eh?!

And in your own words ...

SOMETHING OLD MAY TURN TO GREY
BUT MEETING YOU
REMAINS A GOLDEN DAY



If you would like to know more about Owen's music, please visit his website below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.