Monday 29 July 2013

You can take a dog to water ..

There's definitely a pattern emerging with our Polly ... show her water and she can't help but immerse herself!


It began in early June with her first tentative paw dip when she visited Leybourne Lakes Country Park with my daughter and her boyfriend.


A couple of weeks later, inspired by a large chocolate labrador, she suddenly leapt into the River at Teston Bridge Country Park and managed her first ever official swim!


On our visit to Shorne Country Park earlier this month, Polly couldn't resist a splash in the 'dog pond' ...


Turning herself from a pretty cream and gold pup, into a stinky, swampy mudwump!


Then after quite literally dragging us onto the green slimey beach at Riverside Country Park this weekend, she dug in and absolutely refused to budge when we tried to move her away from the water!


We eventually managed to convince her the path was where we needed to be, but as you can see, our fledgling swimmer made her disapproval very clear!


We took pongy Polly to Mote Park yesterday afternoon and she tugged forcefully towards the lake as she circled it with us. When we reached a shallow outlet, we  finally allowed her some muddy fun in the water, after which she squelched and oozed her way cheerfully back to my poor little car, feeling very pleased with herself.  Needless to say, all windows were wound down for the journey home ... phwoar, stinky dog!!!! 


Unfortunately I forgot to take my camera to the park yesterday, so no more mudwump pics to share - instead, here is my beautiful clean fragrant Polly, fresh as a daisy after her much needed bath!

Polly says our local country parks are great fun for dogs, so if you are visiting Kent with your furry friend, don't forget to bring their water wings!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Paula, I see you have a water baby too!! Bless them, you just wait until its cold and raining and it's December, those muddy paws will be everywhere! I've moved all my rugs in the kitchen and bought a steam cleaner for the floor, it's fantastic, dries it and cleans it all in one go!!!
    Lost our lower first canine tooth last night - ZIVA ate it!!! I wanted to keep it, still there is one more to go and then the top two! I might get lucky and spot one and grab it before she eats them all!
    training her to a whistle at the moment seems to be working, but it will be a while before we can let her go free. have fun Paula x Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to this Paula, my older dog is a swimmer, the moment she sees water she is in it and off, she simply loves to swim, even the smallest of puddles and she has to give it a testing. When I walk her locally I have to leave her on the lead until we pass the pond, its a really stinky place and only once did she manage to take that leap, but never again will I let my guard down because she was one stinky dog.

    Polly is turning into a beautiful young lady now

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.