Monday 18 June 2012

The Guild and Charles Dickens ...

A little plug for my favourite teddy bear magazine!  

'The Teddy Bear' magazine

'The Teddy Bear' magazine is only published bi-annually so as you can imagine, each issue is eagerly awaited by bear artists and collectors alike.  I particularly enjoy this mag because it is always interesting and never patronises the reader.  So when the editor contacted me to ask if the Guild of Master Bearcrafters might be interested in creating Dickensian character bears for a forthcoming feature to commemorate the bi-centenary of the birth of Charles Dickens, I was delighted and quickly threw down the challenge to our members!

Eleven talented Guild members from around the world, set to work on submissions and between them achieved a very handsome Charles Dickens, two adorable Oliver Twists, an ethereal Miss Haversham, three dainty Amy Dorrits, a contemporary interpretation of Pip & Estella, a miniature Marley's Ghost and two rather dashing Mr Pickwicks!  I collated all the information on their behalf, formatted it, then sent it to the editor and I am thrilled to announce the outcome is the Guild of Master Bearcrafters has four splendid pages of  members' Dickensian creations published in this issue!

If you would like to purchase a copy of 'The Teddy Bear' to enjoy all that it has to offer, please visit the publisher's website below:


Happy Bear Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.