Thursday 21 October 2010

Testing times!

After listening to the gloom and doom of the Chancellor of the Exchequer's financial review yesterday, I hardly dare suggest anyone might care to adopt a new teddy bear ... but what is a bear maker to do?  The artist bears of the world will always need good homes and we poor bear makers still need to eat and pay our way! 

I finished little Stanley yesterday and after my recent break from work, would love to find this dear little chap a caring new home as soon as possible ...

12" Stanley

We are working through a tough financial climate of course, but hopefully beautifully crafted teddy bears can stay strong and survive these testing times.  Fingers and toes are crossed for little Stanley's future!

3 comments:

  1. Teddy bears have been loved for 100 years. I recently saw a post that said they thought bears were going out of style. I don't think so. Times are tough yes, but not everyone is feeling the pinch. There is still an abundance of money out there. We just have to hope that the people who have it are bear lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we need to keep on keeping on, don't we? And beautifully crafted artist teddy bears definitely have their place in hearts and homes. Who better to hug and to tell our troubles and joys to? I also think that there are many people who don't yet know about handcrafted teddy bears. But with all of us having so many friends on Facebook and elsewhere, it's only a matter of time. :o)

    LOVE Stanley! He's adorable and would be a great hug to come home to.

    Blessings to you!
    Debora

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's adorable Paula!

    I really do love your smaller, vintage style bears.

    I was feeling downhearted after having one of my bunnies go unsold on ebay, but the above comments have lightened my heart a little.

    Thank you ladies!

    Hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.