Saturday, 8 August 2009

Elephant steps ...

As those of you who know my work will be aware, with the exception of my new raggy dolls this year, I very rarely make anything that isn't teddy bear shaped, so whilst waiting for delivery of some mohair for a customer's order, I decided to take the plunge and use my creative time to come up with something a little different ... and I designed my first fully jointed elephant! Well, that's to say, I have so far designed his head and body - hopefully he will soon have some limbs too!

So far he has an extravagant trunk, dozy eyelids and a little open mouth ...

... and BIG stripey ears!

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you have a great start on your darling elephant.....would like to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Paula! He's a darling! The sweetest face!

    Looking forward to seeing the rest of him!

    Hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks as though he is going to be a real cutie. How big will he be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, it already looks adorable Paula! I love that you chose to use fabric inside his ears. It gives it a nice vintage look. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see him all done. My youngest daughter loves elephants and I am sending her this link.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looks delightful. From the side he reminds me of Mr Snuffaluffagus from sesame street

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paula, I really love your bears and visit your blog often )))
    Your new creature will be great! Waiting for result )))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my Bearing All blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2013



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.