Friday 2 May 2008

Flying the flag

You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find Union Jack buttons! I can find plenty of pin badges, but no proper buttons; isn't that peculiar?! I have surfed the internet until I'm boggle-eyed, but to no avail. Ah well, I'm pleased to say my patriotic bear will still be completed because I have had an artistic rethink and with perseverence, eventually succeeded in finding some suitable vintage buttons from the 1960's/70's. These little cuties are now en route to me, whizzing over from the US - I hope they arrive soon because I'm bursting to finish this bear! I just need to sew on his buttons, give him a little Union Jack flag to wave, take his photographs for the magazine ... oh, and a name! I must remember to come up with a suitable name!

Vintage 1960's/70's buttons

I think I will be taking this bear to the 'Teddy Bear Artist Event' in Stratford Upon Avon on June 8th, so if you can make it to the show, I'd love you to come and see him in person. For the moment though, here's a partial peek, just to whet your appetite!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, those buttons are perfect! I'm quite often going boggle eyed trying to find things on the internet.

    From what I can see of him, he's going to be fab.

    Hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, the buttons are fab .I'm a bit of a button freak but I've never had any like that ,they'll be just the job!! OOoh can't wait to see what he looks like.
    Hugs Ginie-Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the whole bear! :-) He's sure to be a looker. Love the buttons, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Paula ~ that bear is going to be fabulous.
    I love the vibrant colours and those buttons are perfect to complete the patriotic look.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to read your feedback! Thanks everyone, so pleaed you like the buttons!!!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.