Friday 16 May 2008

Finding a new home for Gisbo

Anyone who knows anything about English artist bears, will know and I'm sure love, the wonderful work of top UK bear artist, Frank Webster. Frank's beautiful 'Charnwood Bears' have been sought after for many years and rarely come onto the secondary market these days.

'Gisbo' by Frank Webster of Charnwood Bears

I have recently been asked by someone close to me, if I would help to find a special new owner for dear 'Gisbo', a wonderful 14" polar bear, created by Frank several years ago. So, here I am, hosting 'Gisbo's' adoption on my blog, in the hope some kindly soul will fall in love with him and offer to purchase him. In the meantime, it has been a treat for me to have Gisbo visit with me for a few days!

Gisbo is beautifully made and a prototype bear, a one-off piece. He is created in short pile white mohair with Ultrasuede paw pads. Frank has carefully shaded the area around Gisbo's toes, paws and nose. This dear little polar bear feels absolutely wonderful to hold and is filled with a mix of polyester fibre and plastic pellets. He has a cute little waxed nose and black glass eyes.

Gisbo profile

I should point out that Gisbo is in mint condition and has a stitched in 'Charnwood Bears' statin label, with white unmarked tag. He has lived in a non-smoking house, with no pets and has one very careful lady owner!

If you would like to purchase this super special bear, Gisbo's owner would be grateful for any offers over £100, (plus postage) and is able to accept payment by Paypal if required. Gisbo was originally purchased at £175. Please contact me if you would like to make contact with Gisbo's current owner and I will be happy to put you in touch by email ... allbearbypaula@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.