Tuesday 19 June 2007

Just one more ...

With a show looming large on the horizon, it's always impossible to resist the urge to create 'just one more' bear! The 'Bear Artists Online Summer Show' is only 11 days away, so I've indulged myself and spent the past few days working on another big bear. I'm delighted with the way he has come together and I'm really looking forward to showing him off properly, but as I don't want to spoil the excitement of the build-up until the big day I'm going to keep all the bears under wraps until the show begins. In the meantime, I will just share a tiny snippetty peek here with you today to give you a taste of what's to come on the big day!

'Domino'


Stuart has gone to Royal Ascot with colleagues today. Top hat, tails, the whole kit 'n caboodle! He looked very handsome in his penguin suit, but that hat! It did make me chuckle! I'll try and share a pic if I can get my digicam back from him without him having erased the photographs I took this morning. I was invited to accompany him, but all that dressing up is really not my thing, so I'm going to watch from the proceedings on the tv this afternoon instead, where I can admire all the gorgeous frocks and hats, without having to wobble on high heels of my own. I'm strictly a flip-flops and trainers kinda gal!

Talking of cameras, I've been very frustrated this week. After umming and ahhing for absolutely ages, I finally treated myself to a beautiful digital SLR camera recently and I have been itching to play with it, but the memory card didn't arrive until about five minutes ago, so the camera has been sat in its box teasing me all week. I'm really looking forward to using it for shots of my bears and also for landscape pics when we visit Devon in a few weeks.
Oh boy, am I ready for a holiday!

3 comments:

  1. I can't WAIT to see your bears at the online show Paula! Even the sneak preview has been grand. They are just so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Paula.... your sneak peeks have been wonderful! I'm so sorry I won't be online to see the show... I'm finally going to go visit my Mom. (trip was postponed from May).

    What kind of camera did you get???? Not having the memory card for an entire week would have driven me batty!

    Hugz,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind words ladies! I'm delighted you've enjoyed my snippetty peeks!

    Laura, sorry you can't make the show but I bet your mum will be pleased to see you!

    I went for the Canon 400d as I've used the non-digital version for years and love it. Also, the lenses are interchangeable with the old camera lenses, which is a big plus. After using my little Olympus point n' shoot, I feel very inept with it at the moment, but my photographer sister is coming to see me in a couple of weeks and has promised me a tutorial, so I'm looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.